All Memory Walks are a bit different: route lengths, walk surroundings, food and the number of people taking part. We have you covered so you’re prepared.
When should I arrive?
You must have registered for the walk in advance; you cannot sign up on the day.
Arrive with plenty of time before the walk starts, as the surrounding area will be busy and there may be limited parking (please check the walk page and your welcome letter for more information).
Who can come with me?
Bring along your friends and family and dogs - the more the merrier! Under 16s will need to take part with an adult who must have registered to take part. All of our Memory Walks are suitable for people of all ages and abilities, including those living with dementia. Each walk page will state if it is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs too.
It is essential that all those wanting to take part register on our website. Registration closes on the Thursday before the walk.
Please check the webpage for the walk you are attending, if dogs are allowed at the event this will be indicated under facilities. Please read the information provided on the event page as it may outline restrictions on where dogs are permitted.
What should I bring?
Suitable shoes – the ground is uneven and muddy on many long routes, (especially if wet) so please wear suitable shoes for these conditions.
- Water – we will be providing bottled water but please bring your own too;
- Sun cream – sometimes the sun does come out, so please check the weather and be prepared;
- Umbrella and waterproof coat – check the weather and be prepared for rain!
- “I’m Walking for” sign – you’ll have received these in your welcome pack, we will have spare signs at the information tent on the day.
- Some cash – you may want to buy merchandise.
How are JustGiving involved?
We believe that JustGiving is the best way to fundraise because its:
- Easy for friends to sponsor you, via debit/credit card, PayPal or text;
- Your money is sent directly to Alzheimer’s Society within days of the donation being made;
- It is the best way to ensure that the charity can easily claim Gift Aid;
- Ensures that all your data is secure;
- JustGiving provides a range of tools to maximise your fundraising.
Click here for more information on how JustGiving works.
Please don’t bring sponsorship money with you on the day, as we won’t be able to take it. Please pay in to your JustGiving page, or send a cheque and sponsorship form in the freepost envelope from your Memory Walk pack.
We only cancel events in extreme circumstances.
Please check your walk page the morning of your walk – we’d put a notice there if it was cancelled. We’d also post updates on Alzheimer’s Society Facebook and Twitter.