If your question is not answered here, please contact us - send us an email email@example.com and we'll try to get back to your email within 2 working days. Alternatively you can give us a call on 0300 330 5452 Monday to Friday, 8am-10pm.
Find our Memory Walk Plus FAQs here, our Your walk. Your way. FAQs here, and our volunteering FAQs here.
Click here for a full list of our T&Cs.
- What are the different events that you offer?
- How do I register to take part in Memory Walk?
- Are there any walks in Scotland?
- Why is there a registration fee?
- Are registration fees refundable?
- How do I join a team?
- How do I create a team?
- I’ve signed up to walk on my own, but now I’d like to create a team – how do I do this?
- Can I change my team name?
- How can I see who has joined my team?
- Are Memory Walk places transferable?
- I cannot find the walk I took part in last year?
- Can I bring my family and friends along with me?
- When will I receive my pack?
- I can no longer attend my walk, what do I do?
At the event
- How long will my walk be?
- Can I bring my dog to the event?
- Will route maps be provided?
- What can I expect at a Memory Walk?
- Where can I find photos from the Memory Walk I took part in?
Fundraising & paying in your sponsorship
- Where do I send my sponsorship and donations?
- I am having issues setting up/using my JustGiving page!
Memory Walk- Our flagship Memory Walks take place in September and October across the country and each walk has a short and long route option ensuring there is always an accessible option available for participants.
Memory Walk Plus- Memory Walk Plus walks are longer and more challenging events ranging from 15km all the way up to a marathon. They are held in various locations across the country in September and October.
GLOW- GLOW walks take place at night and are held in March in various locations across the country. Registration for GLOW will open later in the year.
- All you need to do to register is head to www.memorywalk.org.uk, select the walk you'd like to take part in and fill in the registration form. It couldn't be easier!
- Alzheimer Scotland is the leading dementia charity for Scotland. They also run Memory Walks across Scotland – find out more on their website - www.memorywalksscotland.org/
- This year we have made the decision to introduce a registration fee to help us cover the increasing costs associated with putting on events of this size. This fee will also ensure that more sponsorship money than ever can go towards supporting people affected by dementia and help us to continue leading the fight against dementia.
- Given the limited number of spaces for each event, entry fees are non-refundable unless there is a change to the event venue, date, or if we cancel the event.
To join a team that has already been created all you’ll need to do is head to www.memorywalk.org.uk/find-a-walk and sign up for the same walk and on the second page select to join a team and enter the team code to join. The team code will be MW followed by 5 numbers.
To create a team all you’ll need to do is head to www.memorywalk.org.uk/find-a-walk and select the walk you’d like to do and fill out the first page of personal details. On the second page select to create a team and you’ll be asked to choose a team name and whether or not you’d like a team JustGiving page!
- When you registered you will have been given a team code in your confirmation email (MW followed by 5 numbers) and so to create a team you can give this code out to your friends and family that they can use when registering to join your team.
- Yes, if you email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be able to change it on our database but not on your JustGiving page i'm afraid.
- To see who is on your team the team leader will need to email email@example.com and speak to our customer care team.
- Memory Walk places are non-transferable as stated in our terms and conditions.
- This year we are hoping to have over 110,000 people walking for a world without dementia and we aim to raise more than ever. In order to achieve this, the Memory Walk team have planned our walks to ensure we have great venues big enough to accommodate more people.
- However if you still want to get involved, you can organise your very own Memory Walk. Click here for more information about organising your own Memory Walk.
- If you're taking part in Memory Walk Plus, please be aware that under 16's are not permitted to take part due to the challenging nature of the event. For all other walks, under 16's will need to take part with an adult. We aim to be as inclusive as possible and most of our Memory Walks are suitable for people of all ages and abilities, including those living with dementia. Each walk page will state if it is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs too.
- It is essential that all those wanting to take part register on our website individually. Multiple registrations under one name will not be recognised. Registration closes on the Thursday before the walk.
- Memory Walk packs will be sent out in the summer, nearer the time of your walk!
We are sorry to hear that! If you can no longer attend your walk, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and the walk you are signed up to. We can then withdraw you from the event so you do not receive any further communications.
Alternatively, you can call us on 0300 330 5452.
- All of our walks vary in length so please check the walk page for your event for more details about the route.
- Please check the webpage for the walk you are attending, if dogs are allowed at the event this will be indicated under facilities. Please read the information provided on the event page as it may outline restrictions on where dogs are permitted.
- Route maps will not be required as our routes are well signposted and marshalled by our amazing volunteers. Please visit the event page of your walk to find out more information about route accessibility.
- Before the walk starts you can fill in a memory tag and place it on our memory tree, take part in our Zumba warm-up or simply soak up the atmosphere. Find out more about what to expect on the day and what to bring.
- You can find photos from Memory Walk 2018 on Flickr. You can also find photos that walkers have added on social media - search #MemoryWalk on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- We need over 3000 volunteers to ensure our event days run to plan. There are a variety of different roles – for more information visit our volunteering page. When you click to register, you will be able to see the walks available to volunteer at. You can also check out our volunteer FAQs for more information
- Definitely! Memory Walk season is from August to October so if you want to organise a walk for then, register on the Your walk. Your way. page or by calling our Memory Walk hotline on 0300 330 5452. Once you've registered, we’ll send you a fundraising pack with more information about how to organise a walk.
- If you would like to organise a sponsored walk outside of Memory Walk season, please request a fundraising pack and the Challenge Events team will be in touch soon.
- If you have any questions, please check out our Your walk. Your way. FAQs.
- Thank you for collecting sponsorship or looking to send a donation. Without your fundraising, we couldn't help people living with dementia through support services and ongoing research. To donate, please don't send cash - you can pay this into your account then donate in the following ways:
- 1) Send a cheque, made payable to Alzheimer's Society, sponsorship forms and donation return form in your freepost envelope which you received in your pack after registering. Let us know if you haven't got a freepost envelope.
- 2) Make a card payment over the phone by calling us on 0300 330 5452
- 3) Add the donation to your JustGiving page. The money will come straight to us, simple
We are sorry to hear that you’re having problems with your fundraising page. Please contact JustGiving support where they have lots of helpful information, and where you can contact them with any extra queries.