If your question is not answered here, please contact us - send us an email email@example.com or call 0300 330 5452. We’re here Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, and we’ll try to get back to your email within 2 working days. Find our Your walk. Your way. FAQs here
Click here for a full list of our T&Cs.
- How do I register to take part in Memory Walk?
- Are there any walks in Scotland?
- I cannot find the walk I took part in last year?
- Can I bring my family and friends along with me?
- When will I receive my pack?
At the event
- How long will my walk be?
- Can I bring my dog to the event?
- Will route maps be provided?
- What can I expect at a Memory Walk?
- Where can I find photos from the Memory Walk I took part in?
Fundraising & paying in your sponsorship
- Registration for many of our Memory Walk 2018 is now open. We are hosting more events than ever up and down the country and are still in the process of finding more locations. If you can't see a Memory Walk near you, check back in a couple of weeks. Register to take part in your local walk today.
- Alzheimer Scotland is the leading dementia charity for Scotland. They also run Memory Walks across Scotland – find out more on their website - www.memorywalksscotland.org
- This year we are hoping to have over 110,000 people walking for a world without dementia and we aim to raise more than ever. In order to achieve this, the Memory Walk team have planned our walks to ensure we have great venues big enough to accommodate more people.
- However if you still want to get involved, you can organise your very own Memory Walk. Click here for more information about organising your own Memory Walk.
- Of course - the more the merrier! Under 16s will need to take part with an adult. We aim to be as inclusive as possible and most of our Memory Walks are suitable for people of all ages and abilities, including those living with dementia. Each walk page will state if it is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs too.
- It is essential that all those wanting to take part register on our website individually. Multiple registrations under one name will not be recognised. Registration closes on the Thursday before the walk.
- Thank you for registering for Memory Walk 2018, we are really pleased you are walking with us. We are currently working hard on the fundraising packs for 2018 to make sure they have everything you need and you can expect to receive yours in the summertime.
- Everyone who signs up will receive one Memory Walk t-shirt. If you would like to purchase any extra ones, click here to go to our online shop.
- Each walk is slightly different but many of our events will feature a short walk (between 1.5km and 3.5km) and a long walk (between 5km and 9.5km). Please check the walk page you have signed up to, you can decide on the day which walk you would like to take part in.
- Please check the webpage for the walk you are attending, if dogs are allowed at the event this will be indicated under facilities. Please read the information provided on the event page as it may outline restrictions on where dogs are permitted.
- Route maps will not be required as our routes are well signposted and marshalled by our amazing volunteers. Please visit the event page of your walk to find out more information about route accessibility.
- Before the walk starts you can fill in a memory tag and place it on our memory tree, take part in our Zumba warm-up or simply soak up the atmosphere. Find out more about what to expect on the day and what to bring.
- You can find photos from Memory Walk 2017 on Flickr. You can also find photos that walkers have added on social media - search #MemoryWalk on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- We need over 3000 volunteers to ensure our event days run to plan. There are a variety of different roles – for more information visit our volunteering page. When you click to register, you will be able to see the walks available to volunteer at.
- Definitely! Memory Walk season is from August to October so if you want to organise a walk for then, register on the Organise Your Own page or by calling our Memory Walk hotline on 0300 330 5452. Once you've registered, we’ll send you a fundraising pack with more information about how to organise a walk, including useful information on insurance, risk assessment and general tips.
- If you would like to organise a sponsored walk outside of Memory Walk season, please request a fundraising pack and the Challenge Events team will be in touch soon.
- It is brilliant that you are organising your own Memory Walk. If you have registered, you should have received your welcome guide by email, and your fundraising pack by post in the summertime. You can find even more information in our online organiser’s guide. From raising sponsorship to insurance and first aid, there are lots of useful tips. Don’t panic! You can always contact the Memory Walk team if you have any questions.
- Please let the Memory Walk team know if your walk date has changed or you are expecting a higher or lower number of participants than initially expected when you completed the registration form. We want to be able to send you enough materials for your walkers at a time that is convenient to you. You can reach us on 0300 330 5452 or by emailing MemoryWalk@alzheimers.org.uk.
- We're sorry to hear your walk has been cancelled. Email the Memory Walk team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 330 5452 and we can cancel your registration. This will ensure you do not receive any further communications from us regarding your walk.
- Thank you for collecting sponsorship or looking to send a donation. Without your fundraising, we couldn't help people living with dementia through support services and ongoing research. To donate, please don't send cash - you can pay this into your account then donate in the following ways:
- 1) Send a cheque, made payable to Alzheimer's Society, sponsorship forms and donation return form in your freepost envelope which you received in your pack after registering. Let us know if you haven't got a freepost envelope.
- 2) Make a card payment over the phone by calling us on 0300 330 5452
- 3) Add the donation to your JustGiving page. The money will come straight to us, simple