If your question is not answered here, please contact us - send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 330 5452. We’re here Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, and we’ll try to get back to your email within 2 working days. Find our organise your own FAQs here
Fundraising & paying in your sponsorship
- How do I register to take part in Memory Walk?
- Are there any walks in Scotland?
- I cannot find the walk I took part in last year?
- Can I bring my family and friends along with me?
- When will I receive my pack?
At the event
- How long will my walk be?
- Can I bring my dog to the event?
- Will route maps be provided?
- What can I expect at a Memory Walk?
- Where can I find photos from the Memory Walk I took part in?
- Registration for Memory Walk 2017 is now open. There are 34 walks to choose from throughout the country. Register to take part in your local walk today.
- Alzheimer Scotland is the leading dementia charity for Scotland. They also run Memory Walks across Scotland – find out more on their website - www.memorywalksscotland.org
- This year we are hoping to have over 100,000 people walking for a world without dementia and we aim to raise over £8 million. In order to achieve this, the Memory Walk team have planned our walks to ensure we have great venues big enough to accommodate more people. All the events taking place this year are listed here. If there is not a walk near you this year we are really sorry.
- However if you still want to get involved, you can organise your very own Memory Walk. Click here for more information about organising your own Memory Walk.
- Of course - the more the merrier! Under 16s will need to take part with an adult. We aim to be as inclusive as possible and most of our Memory Walks are suitable for people of all ages and abilities, including those living with dementia. Each walk page will state if it is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs too.
- It is essential that all those wanting to take part register on our website. Registration closes on the Thursday before the walk.
- Thank you for registering for Memory Walk 2017, we are really pleased to have you on board. Unfortunately our welcome packs are not quite ready to be sent out but they should be with you by the end of April. You can start your fundraising today by setting up a JustGiving page if you haven’t already. Alternatively, you can get in touch by emailing email@example.com and we will send you out a copy of your unique sponsorship form
- Our walks are currently being finalised so the definitive routes are yet to be confirmed. However, typically our short route will be between 2-3km and the long route will be between 6-10km. The final information about the walks will be released in the spring.
- Please check the webpage for the walk you are attending, if dogs are allowed at the event this will be indicated under facilities. Please read the information provided on the event page as it may outline restrictions on where dogs are permitted.
- Route maps will not be required as our routes are well signposted and marshalled by our amazing volunteers. Please visit the event page of your walk to find out more information about route accessibility.
- Before the walk starts you can fill in a memory tag and place it on our memory tree, take part in our Zumba warm-up or simply soak up the atmosphere. Find out more about what to expect on the day and what to bring.
- You can find photos from Memory Walk 2016 on Flickr. Not all walks had photographers so there may not be photos from every walk. You can also find photos that walkers have added on social media - search #MemoryWalk on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- We need over 3000 volunteers to ensure our event days run to plan. There are a variety of different roles – for more information visit our volunteering page. When you click to register, you will be able to see the walks available to volunteer at.
- Definitely! Memory Walk season is from August to October so if you want to organise a walk for then, register on the Organise Your Own page or by calling our Memory Walk hotline on 0300 330 5452. Once you've registered, we’ll send you a fundraising pack with more information about how to organise a walk, including useful information on insurance, risk assessment and general tips.
- If you would like to organise a sponsored walk outside of Memory Walk season, please request a fundraising pack and the Challenge Events team will be in touch soon.
- It is brilliant that you are organising your own Memory Walk. If you have registered, you should have received your welcome guide by email, and your fundraising pack by post a couple of weeks later. You can find even more information in our online organiser’s guide. From raising sponsorship to insurance and first aid, there are lots of useful tips. Don’t panic! You can always contact the Memory Walk team if you have any questions.
- Please let the Memory Walk team know if your walk date has changed or you are expecting a higher or lower number of participants than initially expected when you completed the registration form. We want to be able to send you enough materials for your walkers at a time that is convenient to you. You can reach us on 0300 330 5452 or by emailing MemoryWalk@alzheimers.org.uk.
- We're sorry to hear your walk has been cancelled. Email the Memory Walk team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 330 5452 and we can cancel your registration. This will ensure you do not receive any further communications from us regarding your walk.
- Thank you for collecting sponsorship or looking to send a donation. Without your fundraising, we couldn't help people living with dementia through support services and ongoing research. To donate, please don't send cash - you can pay this into your account then donate in the following ways:
- 1) Send a cheque, made payable to Alzheimer's Society, sponsorship forms and donation return form in your freepost envelope which you received in your pack after registering. Let us know if you haven't got a freepost envelope.
- 2) Make a card payment over the phone by calling us on 0300 330 5452
- 3) Add the donation to your JustGiving page. The money will come straight to us, simple