If your question is not answered here, please contact us - send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try to get back to your email within 2 working days. Alternatively you can give us a call on 0300 330 5452 Monday to Friday, 8am-10pm.
Find our Memory Walk Plus FAQs here, our Your walk. Your way. FAQs here, and our volunteering FAQs here.
Click here for a full list of our T&Cs.
- What are the different events that you offer?
- How do I register to take part in Memory Walk?
- Are there any walks in Scotland?
- Why is there a registration fee?
- Are registration fees refundable?
- How do I join a team?
- How do I create a team?
- I’ve signed up to walk on my own, but now I’d like to create a team – how do I do this?
- Can I change my team name?
- How can I see who has joined my team?
- Are Memory Walk places transferable?
- Can under 16s take part?
- I cannot find the walk I took part in last year?
- Can I bring my family and friends along with me?
- When will I receive my pack?
- I can no longer attend my walk, what do I do?
- Can I register on the day?
- Where can I buy t-shirts and merchandise?
- I signed up but then received a limited time only discount code. Can I get a refund?
At the event
- How long will my walk be?
- Can I bring my dog to the event?
- Will route maps be provided?
- What can I expect at a Memory Walk?
- Where can I find access information for walks?
- Where can I find photos from the Memory Walk I took part in?
Fundraising & paying in your sponsorship
- Is there a fundraising target?
- Where do I send my sponsorship and donations?
- I am having issues setting up/using my JustGiving page!
GLOW (Night walks)
- What distances are the GLOW events?
- Will GLOW be wheelchair accessible?
- Can I register on the night?
- How old do I have to be to take part?
- How much do I need to raise?
- Is there a registration fee?
- Can I take part as a team?
- Do I get a t-shirt?
- Can I bring alcohol?
Memory Walk- Our flagship Memory Walks take place in September and October across the country and each walk has a short and long route option ensuring there is always an accessible option available for participants.
Memory Walk Plus- Memory Walk Plus walks are longer and more challenging events ranging from 15km all the way up to a marathon. They are held in various locations across the country in September and October.
GLOW- GLOW walks take place at night and are held in March in various locations across the country. Registration for GLOW will open later in the year.
- All you need to do to register is head to www.memorywalk.org.uk, select the walk you'd like to take part in and fill in the registration form. It couldn't be easier!
- Alzheimer Scotland is the leading dementia charity for Scotland. They also run Memory Walks across Scotland – find out more on their website - www.memorywalksscotland.org/
- This year we have made the decision to introduce a registration fee to help us cover the increasing costs associated with putting on events of this size. This fee will also ensure that more sponsorship money than ever can go towards supporting people affected by dementia and help us to continue leading the fight against dementia.
- Given the limited number of spaces for each event, entry fees are non-refundable unless there is a change to the event venue, date, or if we cancel the event.
- To join a team that has already been created all you'll need to do is head to memorywalk.org.uk/find-a-walk and sign up for the same walk and on the second page select to join a team and enter the team code to join. The team code will be MW followed by 5 numbers.
- To create a team all you’ll need to do is head to memorywalk.org.uk/find-a-walk and select the walk you’d like to do and fill out the first page of personal details. On the second page select to create a team and you’ll be asked to choose a team name and whether or not you’d like a team JustGiving page!
- When you registered you will have been given a team code in your confirmation email (MW followed by 5 numbers) and so to create a team you can give this code out to your friends and family that they can use when registering to join your team.
- Yes, if you email email@example.com we will be able to change it on our database but not on your JustGiving page i'm afraid.
- To see who is on your team the team leader will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org and speak to our customer care team.
- Memory Walk places are non-transferable as stated in our terms and conditions.
- Under 16s can take part in our flagship Memory Walks if they are accompanied by an adult, but cannot register. If you would like to bring an under 16 with you then please state this on your registration form when asked. Under 16s cannot take part in our Memory Walk Plus walks for health and safety reasons.
- This year we are hoping to have over 110,000 people walking for a world without dementia and we aim to raise more than ever. In order to achieve this, the Memory Walk team have planned our walks to ensure we have great venues big enough to accommodate more people.
- However if you still want to get involved, you can organise your very own Memory Walk. Click here for more information about organising your own Memory Walk.
- If you're taking part in Memory Walk Plus, please be aware that under 16's are not permitted to take part due to the challenging nature of the event. For all other walks, under 16's will need to take part with an adult. We aim to be as inclusive as possible and most of our Memory Walks are suitable for people of all ages and abilities, including those living with dementia. Each walk page will state if it is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs too.
- It is essential that all those wanting to take part register on our website individually. Multiple registrations under one name will not be recognised. Registration closes on the Thursday before the walk.
- Memory Walk packs will be sent out in the summer, nearer the time of your walk!
- We are sorry to hear that! If you can no longer attend your walk, then email us at email@example.com with your name, address and the walk you are signed up to. We can then withdraw you from the event so you do not receive any further communications.
Alternatively, you can call us on 0300 330 5452.
- Unfortunately it isn't possible to register on the day.
- T-shirts and merchandise are available to buy from our online shop here and on the day of events.
- Thank you so much for signing up to Memory Walk. Any discount codes issued are valid for a limited time only and will expire at 5pm on the date advertised. Unfortunately the registration fee is non-refundable, which you agreed to when you registered, so we are unable to reimburse you for it.
- All of our walks vary in length so please check the walk page for your event for more details about the route.
- Please check the webpage for the walk you are attending, if dogs are allowed at the event this will be indicated under facilities. Please read the information provided on the event page as it may outline restrictions on where dogs are permitted.
- Route maps will not be required as our routes are well signposted and marshalled by our amazing volunteers. Please visit the event page of your walk to find out more information about route accessibility.
- Before the walk starts you can fill in a memory tag and place it on our memory tree, take part in our Zumba warm-up or simply soak up the atmosphere. Find out more about what to expect on the day and what to bring.
- Each walk page has event specific information on accessibility; advising on disabled parking bays, location and environment. We will specify if the event site is on grass, and whether the route is on hard standing paths.
- All Memory Walk events have accessible toilet units on the event site, and first aid provision with an emergency vehicle and responders on site.
- Assistance dogs are welcome at our events and water is available on all event sites.
- There is a PA system with a microphone on each event site, used for announcements and to play music. We don’t have an induction loop on our event sites, but printed information sheets covering event FAQs can be found at the light green Information Tent. All essential event information, including timings and directions, will also be sent in advance to all participants and volunteers.
- If you, or somebody in your party, are on the Autism Spectrum and you would like to discuss attending the event in advance please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our event sites get very busy and loud, especially just before the walk starts, during the Zumba warm up. Once the walk is underway the route is quieter and after the first set of walkers have headed off, the crowd thins out. We have volunteers across the route as marshals, who can assist you during the walk.
- If a walker is unable to take part in Memory Walk without the additional assistance and support or a carer on the route, the carer is not required to complete the registration form or pay a registration fee. In these circumstances, the carer may simply turn up on the day alongside the registered participant. This applies to all Memory Walk events other than Memory Walk Plus, which for health and safety reasons requires all walkers to register in advance.
- You can find photos from Memory Walk 2018 on Flickr. You can also find photos that walkers have added on social media - search #MemoryWalk on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- We need over 3000 volunteers to ensure our event days run to plan. There are a variety of different roles – for more information visit our volunteering page. When you click to register, you will be able to see the walks available to volunteer at. You can also check out our volunteer FAQs for more information
- Definitely! Memory Walk season is from August to October so if you want to organise a walk for then, register on the Your walk. Your way. page or by calling our Memory Walk hotline on 0300 330 5452. Once you've registered, we’ll send you a fundraising pack with more information about how to organise a walk.
- If you would like to organise a sponsored walk outside of Memory Walk season, please request a fundraising pack and the Challenge Events team will be in touch soon.
- If you have any questions, please check out our Your walk. Your way. FAQs.
Yes all of our events have fundraising targets and for our flagship Memory Walks this is £160 per person.
- Thank you for collecting sponsorship or looking to send a donation. Without your fundraising, we couldn't help people living with dementia through support services and ongoing research. To donate, please don't send cash - you can pay this into your account then donate in the following ways:
- 1) Send a cheque, made payable to Alzheimer's Society, sponsorship forms and donation return form in your freepost envelope which you received in your pack after registering. Let us know if you haven't got a freepost envelope.
- 2) Make a card payment over the phone by calling us on 0300 330 5452
- 3) Add the donation to your JustGiving page. The money will come straight to us, simple
We are sorry to hear that you’re having problems with your fundraising page. Please contact JustGiving support where they have lots of helpful information, and where you can contact them with any extra queries.
Our walks are currently being finalised so the definitive routes are yet to be confirmed. However each walk will be 5km.
We are aiming for all GLOW walks to be wheelchair accessible.
No unfortunately, you cannot register on the night. You can register 48 hours before the walk.
Only those over 16's can register. Anyone under 16 will have to walk with a registered adult (over 18) on the day. Adults can indicate how many children they are bringing on the registration form.
Like our other shorter walks, the fundraising target is £160.
Yes, the registration fee will be £10.
Yes you can! See our information on walking as team here.
Yes – all participants have the option to request one free t-shirt in their fundraising packs.
No unfortunately, we do not hold a alcohol licence and there will be no alcohol allowed on site.