If your question is not answered here, please contact us - send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 330 5452. We’re here Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, and we’ll try to get back to your email within 2 working days.
- How do I register to take part in Memory Walk?
- Are there any walks in Scotland?
- I cannot find the walk I took part in last year?
- Can I bring my family and friends along with me?
At the event
Organise your Own Memory Walk
- Can I organise my own Memory Walk?
- Help! I’m organising my own walk and I don’t know where to begin!
- I'm organising my own walk and my walk details have changed, what do I do?
- The Memory Walk I have organised has been cancelled, what do I do?
Fundraising & paying in your sponsorship
- We have 31 Memory Walks taking place across September and October, find your nearest walk here and register today!
- Alzheimer Scotland is the leading dementia charity for Scotland. They also run Memory Walks across Scotland – find out more on their website - www.memorywalksscotland.org
- Of course - the more the merrier! Under 16s will need to take part with an adult. We aim to be as inclusive as possible and most of our Memory Walks are suitable for people of all ages and abilities, including those living with dementia. Each walk page will state if it is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs too.
- It is essential that all those wanting to take part register on our website. Registered participants will receive a wristband in the post which they must wear on the day. Registration closes on the Thursday before the walk.
There have been some exciting changes to the Memory Walk programme this year and we’re hoping to have over 100,000 people walking for a world without dementia and we aim to raise over £6.4 million. In order to achieve this the team have evaluated where all the walks will be held this year, to ensure we have great venues big enough to accommodate more people. We want to ensure every walker has the best experience regardless of where they are in the country, and therefore the team have needed to streamline the events portfolio. All the events taking place this year are listed here.
- Please check the webpage for the walk you are attending, if dogs are allowed at the event this will be indicated under facilities. Please read the information provided on the event page as it may outline restrictions on where dogs are permitted.
Route maps will not be required as our routes are well signposted and marshalled by our amazing volunteers. Please visit the event page of your walk to find out more information about route accessibility.
Before the walk starts you can fill in a memory tag and place it on our memory tree, take part in our Zumba warm-up or simply soak up the atmosphere. To find out more about what happens at a Memory Walk and what you may need to bring click here.
- We need over 3000 volunteers to ensure our event days run to plan. There are a variety of different roles – for more information visit our volunteering page. When you click to register, you will be able to see the walks available to volunteer at.
- Definitely! Memory Walk season is from August to October so if you want to organise a walk for then, register on the Organise Your Own page or by calling our Memory Walk hotline on 0300 330 5452. Once you've registered, we’ll send you a fundraising pack with more information about how to organise a walk, including useful information on insurance, risk assessment and general tips.
- If you would like to organise a sponsored walk outside of Memory Walk season, please request a fundraising pack and the Challenge Events team will be in touch soon.
- It is brilliant that you are organising your own Memory Walk. If you have registered, you should have received your welcome guide by email, and your fundraising pack by post a couple of weeks later. You can find even more information in our online organiser’s guide. From raising sponsorship to insurance and first aid, there are lots of useful tips. Don’t panic! You can always contact the Memory Walk team if you have any questions.
- Please let the Memory Walk team know if your walk date has changed or you are expecting a higher or lower number of participants than initially expected when you completed the registration form. We want to be able to send you enough materials for your walkers at a time that is convenient to you. You can reach us on 0300 330 5452 or by emailing MemoryWalk@alzheimers.org.uk.
- We're sorry to hear your walk has been cancelled. Email the Memory Walk team at email@example.com or call 0300 330 5452 and we can cancel your registration. This will ensure you do not receive any further communications from us regarding your walk.
- Where do I send my sponsorship and donations?
- Thank you for collecting sponsorship or looking to send a donation. Without your fundraising, we couldn't help epopel living with dementia through support services and ongoing research. To donate, please don't send cash - you can pay this into your account then donate in the following ways:
- Send a cheque, made payable to Alzheimer's Society, sponsorship forms and donation return form in your freepost envelope which you received in your pack after registering. Let us know if you haven't got a freepost envelope.
- Make a card payment over the phone by calling us on 0300 330 5452
- Add the donation to your JustGiving page. The money will come straight to us, simple!
- Where can I find photos from the Memory Walk I took part in?
- You can find photos from Memory Walk on Flickr. Not all walks had photographers so there may not be photos from every walk. You can also find photos which walkers have added on social media - search #MemoryWalk on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
With 31 Memory Walks taking place this autumn, we are on the lookout for inspirational people to join our remarkable volunteering team of 2016.